It was a pleasure to visit Limerick School of Art & Design (LSAD) that has nearly 170 years of history of educating, inspiring and empowering people seeking a creative future. LSAD is recognised as one of Europe’s leading fine art, design and creative media schools – which is easy to imagine when you enter the campus.
Limerick School of Art and Design was one of the locations we had a chance to visit on our tour of Athlone Institute of Technology and Limerick Institute of Technology in Ireland related to preparation of Erasmus+ European Universities proposal. LSAD combines state-of-the-art facilities and equipment with also traditional craft tools & machinery making possible to create innovative and inspiring art and design.
Without a doubt, the Clare Street campus and it’s art and design were inspiring, and you could really sense that it is an inspirational learning environment for both students and faculty.
Altogether, there are five campuses at LIT School of Art & Design: Clare Street, Clonmel Digital Campus, Ennis Campus, Moylish Campus and Thurles campus. At Bachelor level they have available the following programmes:
- BA (Hons) in Animation and Motion
- BA (Hons) in Ceramics
- BA (Hons) in Fashion
- BA (Hons) in Graphics Design Communication
- BA (Hons) in Painting
- BA (Hons) in Photography, Film and Video
- BA (Hons) in Printing Contemporary Practice
- BA (Hons) in Sculptured & Combined Media
- BA (Hons) in Fashion & Textiles for Product & Costume
- BA (Hons) in First Year Art & Design
- BSc (Hons) in Creative Broadcast & Film Production
- BSc (Hons) in Creative Media and Design
- BSc (Hons) in Digital Animation Production
- BSc (Hons) in Game Art & Design
- BSc (Hons) in Music Technology & Production
In addition, LSAD hosts a number of Flexible & Professional, as well as, Postgraduate Taught and Research courses.
We are excited to start collaboration LIT and Limerick School of Art and Design.