- 1 June, kick-start your career in IT infrastructure or the data center industry networking event, registration is free of charge for students. Registration and event agenda can be found here: https://join.datacenter-forum.com/helsinki-invitation/.
- 16 June, Nestlé Career Fair event, https://www.careerfairy.io/upcoming-livestream/jZyLKBTkAildVOYi6GjY?utm_campaign=events&utm_source=unicc-eu&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=nestrade-eu.
Finnish language learning
- 7 June, 14 June, 21 June and 28 June, Kielikahvila Language Cafe in Hämeenlinna City Library: https://blog.hamk.fi/go-international/language-cafe-_-kielikahvila-_-spring-2023/. Free of charge. No registration needed. 28 June will be the last day of language cafe in this Spring. Continuation of the langauge cafe in autumn will be announced separately.
- Finnish lanugage club: Hämeen Setlmentti practices easy Finnish with Finnish learners from 10am to 12pm on every Tuesday and Thursday at Kumppannuustalo, 2nd floor, Kirjastokatu 1 Hämeenlinna. No registration needed. Contact Jenni Tokpanou (0503742433, firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Other Finnish learning opportunities offered by MyIntegration: https://www.myintegration.fi/en/studying-finnish/.
Work placement abroad
Work placement positions at Slovakia: https://www.placementslovakia.com/current-vacancies/internships.
– no fees for students,
– free accommodation provided,
– lunch allowance provided
– professional training and courses
– contact email@example.com in case of questions.
- Project management assistant, 6-month full time internship at JLL: https://jll.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/fi-FI/jllcareers/job/Project-Manager-trainee_REQ283353?locationHierarchy1=c608fc06410f0141b801f38fcc5377a0&locationCountry=0afb2fa656da42e8bfb6d47bd24a26fa. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Talent Acquisition Manager directly:Lucie MeriEMEA Talent Acquisition Advisor PDS&Tétris
40 rue la Boétie
75008 Paris, France
M +33 6 33 40 07 90
- Project assistant with HAMK Global: https://www.kuntarekry.fi/fi/tyopaikat/project-assistant-hamk-01-131-23/ (Remember to pay attention to spellings of your applications.)
- Open positions from EURES recruitment event: https://europeanjobdays.eu/en/taxonomy/term/48626/jobs
- Work in Finland: https://www.workinfinland.com/en/open-jobs/
- Find inspirations, tips, information for developing your career in Finland via TE-Live broadcasts: https://te-live.fi/en/broadcasts?languages=en
Support and guidance
For support and guidance, please contact Talent Boost mentors.
- Mentor: Katariina From
Hei, hauska tavata! I am one of the Talent Boost Mentors. I worked at national recruitment and employment services before, and I am familiar with the different kinds of services for foreign students on both local levels and national levels. Besides working as a mentor at HAMK, I am an Italian language teacher in the Adult Education Centre (VOP) in Hämeenlinna. I will gladly answer your questions as a Finnish local and help you settle in as well as develop your career path in Finland.
- Mentor: Qingyang Li
Ahoy! I am one of the talent-boost mentors. I came to study my degree in Finland about five years ago. I have worked in many different Finnish companies and organisations as different roles, and thus have learned how to navigate in the Finnish labour market. Besides working as a mentor, I am also a part-time entrepreneur. I understand that the journey of staying in Finland as a foreign student is filled with ups and downs, joys and tears. I am here to listen to your needs and support you with guidance.
About HAMK Talent Boost
Get to know more about HAMK Talent Boost here: https://www.hamk.fi/talentboost.